Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
    Crinone vs. Prochieve?
    kzim517 posted:
    Has anyone used Prochieve before? I was prescribed Crinone but my insurance denied coverage. They offered Prochieve as an alternative, and from what I'm reading, they just seem like the same medication but different brands. Wondering if anyone has experience with either one so I can approach my NP about it with some idea of what I'm talking about :)
    Kari (30), DH (32), and our little miracle DS born 12/09. Failed 4 cycles of clomid, low progesterone. Waiting to hear what our next move is.

no1phillygirl responded:
    I have only used Crinone. My insurance company won't send the whole order at once. I have to order in lots which sucks because its a new copayment each time. Oh well. That should be the worst of it. If it is just a different brand then I would think it should be fine. Let us know how you are doing.
    Marla 41 DH 31 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08 6/09 RE (stage 2 endo) ivf1 9/09 tfr 3 BFP m/c 11/09 ivf2 2/10 tfr 5 BFP cvs 13wks trisomy(d

KOOPERSMOM replied to no1phillygirl's response:
    What is the difference b/t crinone/prochieve and progesterone vaginal suppositories?? I am on PIO in the am and vaginal suppository in the pm. I get my prog checked tomorrow so we'll see how it is, but with my fresh cycles I've only ever done PIO and I've heard a lot of you girls talk about crinone.
    Sarah(36), DH(35), IVF/ICSI 1 DS-Kooper(2 years), IVF/ICSI 2 BFP with M/C at 9.5 weeks. IVF3 BFN. FET 3/4/11 1 hatching blast.

kzim517 replied to KOOPERSMOM's response:
    Crinone and Prochieve are progesterone gels. I guess the suppositories are made from a powder or come in pill form. Apparently there is some question as to how much of the pill is actually being absorbed, whereas the gel seems to me more readily absorbed. But both contain progesterone, either in a 4% or 8% concentration.
    My NP said the gels are becoming much more common, even more so than injectible progesterone because it is more reliable than other forms of the med and is obviously less painful than an IM injection.

Good luck with your labs tomorrow. I hope everyone is feeling better at your house!
    Kari (30), DH (32), and our little miracle DS born 12/09. Failed 4 cycles of clomid, low progesterone. Waiting to hear what our next move is.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Trying to get pregnant again using Femara and Follistim. Worked once in 2006 when my 1st child was born. I so want another baby...

Helpful Tips

Infertility treatment abroad will cost less!
    I had my treatment at http://45.gs/cyprusivf , I gotta mention that I travelled from NY to Cyprus for that, my accommodation and flights ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.