Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
    Checking in and might try again
    mpaul159 posted:
    (possible trigs?)

Haven't been on the board in a long time! We finally gave up TTC and moved on to adoption. Now my son will turn 3 soon and we are thinking about whether or not to stay a family of 3 or grow. Part of me, a huge part of me, wants to see another RE since we have moved to a bigger town and I have more options. I've already gotten my medical records mailed to me. It was funny because I kind of freaked out and started counting the years. I was thinking "crap I bet my files been destroyed!" Since my last m/c was January 2010 my file was still available but it had to be pulled from storage. What killed me is the wife of the RE asks "well what exactly do you want?", I was baffled. Well duh, I'm sure the next RE will want all my treatment cycles, labs, notes, etc. Her reply was "that is basically the whole file!" Yup thats what I thought!

My husband is having hip replacement surgery in July, so I will probably make an appointment for August/September. Was thinking about trying to get an INCIID scholarship. I have to get a letter from my current RE, so I figure I should get to know a new one!

Can I just say reviewing my medical records after all these years brought back all those awful memories. It's like my son has diverted my attention and we are making new ones. Reading the Dr notes are more harsh than what they actually tell you.

Well hope to be on here more soon! Hope you all are doing well! Looks like a ghost town on here compared to what it was 7+ years ago. So I look forward to meeting "new faces"
    Me(29) DH(31) TTC since 8/2004, 6 m/c's, many inject/combo IUI C's all BFN, FVL, MTHFR, Endo, lap/hystero's 7/07

mpaul159 responded:
    Also need help updating my signature......this forum has changed soooo much TIA!
    Me(29) DH(31) TTC since 8/2004, 6 m/c's, many inject/combo IUI C's all BFN, FVL, MTHFR, Endo, lap/hystero's 7/07

ancillat replied to mpaul159's response:
    Good luck mpaul159! I hope all goes well with your treatment this time around and your husband's surgery!

susan1777 responded:
    Hey mpaul159, I think you and I were on here at the same time years and years ago....think you were mdpaul something before, lol. This board has definitely been super quiet for a long time now. I still lurk every now and then; still living in a dream world that one day I'd need this board again...sadly not true, but guess it's forever a part of me.
    I'm glad you were able to get all of your records; hopefully a new RE will bring you new hope. I can't imagine what the Dr's notes must say; sorry about the memories though (I think it's amazing what we can block out really).
    Good luck to your husband w/ his surgery and hope the fresh eyes from the new doc will bring you luck!
    Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby Faith, was born on 5/29/09.

mpaul159 replied to susan1777's response:
    Hello! I agree it is amazing what we can block out and this board has been a big part of my life. I wonder if the reason it is so slow around here, is because the board is so hard to find? It took me 10 minutes just to find it. Then when they changed over, we stopped TTC and I come back to find this strange board. LOL

Congrats on your little girl!

Just had my 1st RE appt today with a new RE. He is wayyy more optimistic than I am but he is not as conservative as my past RE. He thinks I can get PG without IVF, so we will see. My problem is the money for the Rx's. He's talking about stimming with 100iu of Follistim, which is so expensive. I've totally forgotten how much Follistim costs! Plus I don't think it was nearly as expensive as it is now. May be a while for us to be able to afford a real treatment C.

Still haven't figured out how to change my signature.

My husband had his 1st hip replacement and the 2nd is scheduled for 9/15. Can't wait to get this all behind me!

susan1777 replied to mpaul159's response:
    Yeah, they don't make it easy to find this board...I'm sure that's why.

Thanks!

I think it's in our nature NOT to be optimistic anyway, just comes w/ the territory, but I'm glad your new RE seems to be more aggressive. hopefully he's explained his reasonings why he's more optimistic and doesn't think you'll need as much treatment like you've already gone thru.....always baffles me why some RE's think the simpler things will work when you've already been through so much before that didn't work....but that's why they get paid ALL the big bucks and we don't I guess, lol...hopefully he's right. Sorry about the $$$...don't know why meds have to be so expensive. You'd think with soooooo many more women using them now, that they'd drop the price a little since the pharmaceutical companies definitely have to have enough business by now. Hope it works out that you get the $$ when you need it to start back up.

Hope your husband is recovered from his first surgery, and hope the 2nd went well yesterday.

Oh, for the signature, just click on your highlighted name next to your post and it'll pull up your profile, and there's a button right there that says "edit signature" .

Take care!
    Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby Faith, was born on 5/29/09.

mpaul159 replied to susan1777's response:
    We are now in our 2nd treatment cycle, #4 IUI with Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone Cycle. Met with RE last week who said DH's sample was poor (0% morph, 10% motility) probably from his heavy sedation from his hip replacements. He wants to do another lap on 10/30/15 to see if my endo has overtaken my uterus and why my tube is possibly blocked.

We had quite a surprise when I was looking at our allowable prescriptions, my meds are covered 100% after meeting our deductible (which we obviously did after my husband had 2 hip replacements in the calendar year). So we have done Follistim for the past 2 cycles. I'm trying to fit in as many cycles as possible before year end. Now the RE wants us to break the next cycle for me to recover from lap and DH to start taking ConceptionXR. So we may get one more cycle in before 2016.

We may try IVF at CNY in 2016. There prices are reasonable. I actually made a go fund me account. Doubt anything will come of it. We made one for our adoption and not one person donated. Our situation now is much different since my husband is disabled.

Everything went great for my DH's surgery, we are finally on the mend! Thank you so much for checking on us!! Hope you and your family are doing well.

https://www.gofundme.com/siblingforconnor
    Me(34) DH(36)Adopted DS (3): TTC since 8/2004, 6 m/c's, many inject/combo IUI C's all BFN, FVL, MTHFR, Endo, PCOS, lap/hystero's 7/07

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been married for 6 years and have an amazing 4 1/2 year old son conceived not only w/o help, but very quickly. We waited 2 years before ...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
    2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    55 of 56 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.