Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/arthritis/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

R TKR
    slw4405 posted:
    I had a TKR done on my left knee May 2015. It seemed to heal and had no noticeable problems. I had the right TKR done on November 4th 2015. Did wonderful. Finished PT by November 14th. All of sudden I started really bad pain in both knees while doing stairs and getting up from regular height chairs. My knees feel like they are on fire like the skin is totally raw and bleeding. Doc said I did to many stairs and I have tendinitis in both knees. Can't understand why I would suddenly have pain in my other knee that had already healed. He said to rest it and don't do anything that caused me any pain. After resting for six weeks with no improvement at all I return back to my doctor. I am in so much pain I should probably have used my walker but didn't. Doctor has no idea what is wrong. Every X-ray (and there were plenty) showed everything was perfect. He thinks I an allergy to the metal. My symptoms are some itching around the knee, awful pain when doing stairs and muscle soreness all over my body. Some joints, like tennis elbow have started to act up. I can't get scheduled for metal testing until October 31st 2016. I live in Kentucky. Don't think I can stand to wait that long. Can anyone tell me what they would do?

lv2lose responded:
    No testing until Oct 16????????????? WTH is wrong with that Dr you have to go to someone else that is horrible. I would immediately get a 2nd opinion for someone else..

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
    For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    59 of 76 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center