Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/arthritis/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

26 year old having partial knee replacement surgery on Monday
    Aqhagirl posted:
    I'm 26 as my topic says and I'm having partial knee replacement surgery done on Monday. It could end up being total it just depends how bad it is once he gets in there. Eventually my left knee will have to be done to but the right one keeps getting worse so something had to be done soon. I'm in so much pain right now on good days I can walk with braces but bad days I'm lucky if I can walk even a little with crutches. I love to exercise so this is very hard for me. Some good days I'm able to slowly walk a few miles on my treadmill but bad days it's none at all. I just wondered what ill be able to do after surgery. How long do I need to wait before I can walk a little again? Will I ever be able to run or ride my horse again? I can't do either right now. My mom has had both her knees replaced but she still has pain problems and it's been like 7 yrs at least. Am I still going to have pain? I wondered also if any other young people have had this done? I could really use some positive stories I'm scared.

Thanks!

Helpful Tips

What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
    Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    28 of 38 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center