Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/arthritis/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

7 1/2 months post TKR and still in more pain then before surgery
    spyac3 posted:
    I had TKR 7 months ago Oct 6th 2015 and am still in more pain then I encountered before the surgery. Climbing up and down stairs produces pain in the lower front of my knee, Walking produces pain from the constant grinding / grating feeling I have in the knee implant and of course the more I walk the greater it becomes, It feels loose as if its moving around and with each step produces a clicking / popping sound. Sitting in one position to long provides stiffness and pain and changing positions or standing up the knee feels hesitant to move. There is also constant pressure and tightness in the back of the knee, I have had the knee lock up on me 2 times now once during a PT session and once at home both of which required minor manipulation to free it and ice to calm it down. The implant used is a Zimmer NexGen complete knee solution, Legacy knee, Posterior stabilized, LPS Flex femoral component
    Given the past problems with this type of Zimmer implant ( recalled in early 2015 ) why would surgeons continue to use these??? I was told before my surgery "You'll be good as new" and now I have to force myself to be active knowing that I will encounter the pain and especially pay for it even more later. Anyone else experiencing this same thing??

joniz1981 responded:
    I am 15 mos. post-op TKR and I too am in worse shape than before. Doc keeps tell me everything looks good, no loosening & perfectly aligned. Well I finally had it and went to a new Ortho doc today. Had X-rays taken just before visit and it appears that the prosthesis (Biomet knee by Vanguard) has loosened and is sinking into the bone! The damn thing probably wasn't cemented in right in the first place as I've had problems all along. I've had X-rays done at the surgeon's office 6 times since my surgery. Isn't this great after complaining to my surgeon for over a year and as recent as 3 weeks ago, and a new doc finds it right away. Now I need to do the whole procedure all over again!!!

spyac3 replied to joniz1981's response:
    Glad you found someone to listen to you and hope the revision goes well !
    From what I see in my records I don't believe my implant is cemented its of a type that the bone is suppose to grow around it. Hopefully soon I will find someone willing to listen to what I am telling them also

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
    For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    59 of 76 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center