Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/arthritis/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

TKR with spinal anesthesia
    An_267601 posted:
    I had aTKR 2 months ago using spinal anesthesia and I highly recommend it. My last 3 prior surgeries I threw up post surgery with general anesthesia. That didn't happen this time and there wasn't any grogginess at all. I came out of recovery during lunch. They brought me a full meal and I ate it all. It's the way to go. Did have some back pain though for several days. Hope this helps.

lifeishere responded:
    I am suppose to have this in 3 weeks. Were you aware enough that you heard the doctor talking or any of the bone drilling and cutting? I dont want that but thought maybe they could make your sleep deeper during that part. How long were you in surgery, hospital stay and therapy days a week?

jwlink58 replied to lifeishere's response:
    just had bilateral knee replacement last week, and had a spinal with sedation. It worked really well for me! I was briefly aware of talking and noise at one point- as my dr said I might- but I absolutely felt nothing.

Helpful Tips

What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
    Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    28 of 38 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center