Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/arthritis/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Shoulder replacement pros and cons
    An_267703 posted:
    I smashed my arm and shoulder joint into pieces on a ski trip. Had emergency surgery in France but now shoulder is collapsing with likelihood of total replacement in my future. I am 56. My shoulder has pins holding it together but glenoid surface is shot and i have only ver restricted movement of my arm. Sleeping is the worst as i cannot get comfortable. The joint burns and i also have pain from tissue damage. I am really scared to go back into surgery and also wondering if i should wait as long as possible. Depressed about this a lot of the time. Any advice?

Take the Poll

Should i have a shoukder replacement
    • Yes
    • No
    vote
    View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
    Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    28 of 38 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center