Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/lupus/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

just diagnosed
    lunachix posted:
    Hey guys. After a hysterectomy, and hypothyroidism, now they say I have lupus. The rheumo gave me plaquenil 200mg twice a day (I got the generic), and a muscle relaxer before bed. I just started my first dose today. I am scared. I am 40, and wait tables. I've been doing this for over 20 years ... I don't know if my pain will allow me to continue serving. It seriously is exhausting and draining to not only get ready to go to work - but to actually bust my butt for 6-12 hours a day. I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has been where I am right now? Scared and have no idea what I am doing. Thanks in advance for your time.

mopsie48 responded:
    Keep in mind lupus flares are episodic. Might have a bad week and then be fine for months. Change of seasons and sunlight are huge triggers for me and I am so listless when having an episode. Find comfort in knowing it will pass. I am on the same dosage of plaquenil. First time I took it, my hair started to fall out. We tried again (after prednisone made me sleepless and hyper). Second attempt with plaquenil gave me stomach cramping for 3 days; really bad cramping, but it passed at the end of the third day. No side affects at all for the past 10 years on plaquenil.

Coping
    With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
    at work, or with family
    and friends.
    Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
    Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    94 of 124 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.