Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/mens-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Please see the new Men's Sexuality exchange. It is suggested that this exchange be geared to men's health issues.
    WET DREAM
    An_263700 posted:
    Sir i am 17 years old and i am having frequent wet dreams when i am sleeping.Is there any illeffect or sideeffect of it.I feel that my memory power is decreasing and my eyesight has gone bad.Is wet dreams reason for my bad eyesight and my memory loss.PLease help me, i am really worried.I have not mastubarated for about 1 month,but i have wet dreams.

hairya responded:
    There is no reason to ever feel guilty about having a wet dream, they are subconscious and can not be easily controlled or manipulated..
    Masturbation can, but won't always, put a stop to frequent wet dreams
    They are believed to happen when the body is not getting release from the hormonal semen build up of the teen years or sudden "dry spells" in sexually active individuals.
    Masturbation is healthy when used to learn to control your penis and releasing of cum. For the pleasure of a future partner. To much self pleasure will make a male a weak sexual lover.
    It should be used for learning to delay ejaculations and therefore maximum pleasure as man on woman.
    Loss of eye sight, hair on palm of your hands, mental illness has all been used by Mom to stop masturbation. Because they know the damage masturbation does to a skilled lover.

Anon_1131 responded:
    Wet dreams are perfectly natural and are part of becoming a sexually mature man. Don't be concerned about having them. If they wake you up, just get up, clean up, put on dry boxers/pjs and go back to sleep. They will not cause any physical problems. More frequent releases of your sperm when you are awake may reduce wet dreams while you sleep.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Age 53 - Divorce father of two sons, totally out as a Gay Men and love the life that I live. Came out 12 years ago and was the best thing I have ever ...More

Helpful Tips

More Discussions
    Hey guys not sure if anyone else caught on but I just figured out at the bottom of the threads there is a link that says "more dicussions" ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    130 of 195 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.