Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
    Penis Issue - possible Balanitis - can anyone help???
    Hender11 posted:
    Hello - I am a 28 year old american caucasion male and i am uncircumcised. I have a penis related issue I would like some advice for. At this time I am experiencing redness on the head and the foreskin is sore - particularly when i pull it back. This started while I was having sex (unprotected) with my girlfriend of 3 years and had to stop because i got really sore. Sometimes this happens because she's really tight but not to the extent of having to stop in the middle. More like im just sore afterwards for the next day or so. When we stopped my penis became swollen and red and i had a smaller puffy blister air pocket sort of thing in my foreskin near the frenulum - sort of like paraphimosis. I soaked in an epsom salt bath and it went away within 24 hours. It did however remain very red, sore and had this sort of rash with red (untrained) spots on the head and foreskin. The rash has gradually faded now in the past couple days but it has remained red and sometimes in between showers I notice a white film accumulates - however it does not smell. I have been experiencing it going on two weeks now and have been good about not trying to have sex, cleaning it each day and resting it in hopes that it would have gotten better by now. Although i can still get an erection i couldnt even have sex within my girlfriend on her birthday this past weekend and it's gotten to be a real inconvenience. I have gotten the rash briefly in the past a few times but it never lasted this long and always went away within a day or two so I never worried about it. I just always figured it was slightly irritated from the friction of having sex and wasnt a big deal. I have read a lot of forums about "balanitis" because it seems to fit/cover my symptoms and different ways to treat it. Should I follow what I've read and try eliminating soap and washing with just water or Epsom salt and trying some boiron homeopathic calendula cream? Sorry this was really long - I was just trying to be thorough to avoid a lot of possible follow-up questions. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me their opinion and some advice about the direction I should take to resolve this issue and get back to normal. Thank you for your time and assistance.
    mintjulip3 responded:

    If I were you and it were my penis I would be consulting a
    urogolost. You need to be checked out and know for sure what's going on. Especially if you have had this before. I have had my share of sex and have used myu penis until my legs wore out and I couldn't stand up and then I would have sex on my back, side, and everyother way and my penis
    never got sore or anything like from over use. I think you
    may have an underlying problemm probably nothing serious
    and you need to get on top of it and have it treated and get
    past this while you young.

    It could be something on the other hand that if you ignore
    that could cause this wonderful muscle a problem in the
    future and you certinly don't want that. Get yourself an appt
    with a urogolist and find out for certain what going on and
    then youget ease you mind and caarry on enjoying your love mucle for what it was meant for. Good Luck and God Bless.
    Polfsky responded:
    Did you post this in Men's Healthy Community too? That discussion board has some expert doctors who review posts too and may be able to give you better advice.

    For a peace of mind, you should visit a doctor.

    If you think friction is the cause, try using lube the next time. Maybe it will prevent it from happening again.
    gymrat44 replied to Polfsky's response:
    Hender11 -- I definitely join the others in suggesting you get to a doctor as soon as possible. Not because I think you need urgent treatment but because you deserve to get the peace of mind of knowing what it is and that you're starting to do what a professional may suggest in order for things to get better!

    While you may wish that the problem was somewhere else, you need to take care of your penis -- it's depending on you!

    Take care and good luck!
    manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Married for 15 years, with one child. I am fascinated by breasts and vaginas, especially my hot wife's (she's still amazing and physically at...More

    Helpful Tips

    Anal issue
    I've had this pain on the outer region of my anal, it have tried to ignore it but the pain has been persistent. I recently researched what ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.