Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
    spinal injury and impotence- are they related?
    shanatude posted:
    My husband has a hurrniated disc at L4/L5 spinal level. He has been having issues with getting a full errection. He acheives a semi errection and is able to ejaculate, but much more quickly than he has in the past. He is only 37 years old, so I do not think age is a factor, but what I want to know is could his back be causing the issue? Should I have him visit a urologist or go back to the spinal surgeon?
    He is embarassed about it and doesn't want to say anything to the doctor and thinks it will just get better.
    what should we do? I love my husband and if we couldn't have intercourse again I will still stay with him, but I miss our sex life.
    sluggo45692 responded:
    Spinal injuries can cause erectile dysfunction. Dysfunction doesn't always mean total limp noodle. If he has back/spinal problems, he needs to see his doctor and discuss the secondary effects it has on his life.
    If your husband loves you, then even if he's embarrassed or nervous, he needs to talk to his doctor. Let your family doctor guide you to which specialist to see. I know I want to make sure I have long lasting good wood for my partner. Any decision about surgery or treatment should be discussed with both of you. It will effect both of you.

    Good Luck
    adelestephensonguy responded:
    Yes, spinal injuries may eventually cause ED but both of you should never lose hope. Most doctors might recommend drugs such as vardenafil (more information here: ) as a solution to ED. However he needs to check the doctor first to ensure that he is safe to take ED pills. If he truly loves you and woould want your sexual life to remain active then he should be able to overcome his embarassment and never hesitate to try out some treatments to conquer the symptoms.
    richardpayne responded:
    Most probably spinal injury and impotence are related. If hes not able to maintain an erection then to consult a surgeon or an expert how can help you out.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Hi, I'm The Sex Technique Modifier and I provide a unique strategy for solving sex problems including premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction ...More

    Helpful Tips

    Anal issue
    I've had this pain on the outer region of my anal, it have tried to ignore it but the pain has been persistent. I recently researched what ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.