Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
    Penis Enlargement Surgery for Size after Prostate Surgery
    HealthEProstate posted:
    I'm a young guy who had the unfortunate bout an enlarged prostate that usualy only happens to men in their 60's. I had transurethral microwave therapy. T.M.T is where the Dr. inserts a tube into the bladder and the microwaves burns the excess prostate tissue. I am at my wits end! I came across this resource from WebMD ? and I found myself here so maybe the answer is here.

    Since the procedure (3 months ago), my erection does not get as firm, retracts more, and I've been afflicted with light erectile dysfunction. I'm not sure if it's 100% physical, or there is a mental component to the cocktail. I've checked out and there was a lot of info, but the best answer I could find was a penis pump for erection creation.

    There are surgeries available that only add size and do not help with erection function, but I was thinking if there was size added, it would compensate for the loss of size from the prostate procedure.

    Recently, my interest has been sparked by a GQ magazine article on a penile implant method: and it looks promising, but very invasive as it is surgery. The article in GQ is about a LA surgeon in Cali where most of these enlargement procedures are offered. There is also grafting methods available with Belladerm donor tissue from another LA surgeon and this type of peniplasty is more invasive and both deal with implanting foreign bodies. I did research a less invasive method of PMMA girth thickening which is an permanant alternative to penis enlargement surgery from only available outside the USA.

    The lengthening surgery may be all I would need to fix the retraction issue and the surgery, or "phalloplasty" procedure seems pretty cut and dry. There is no implantation of foreign bodies and surgeons like Dr. Gary Alter (from Dr. 90210) only do lengthening surgery and not girth augmentations due to safety and efficacy. On Dr. Alter's website, and also specializes in complex gender reassignment surgery and has not offered widening augmentation for some time.

    Looking to hear from men that have had a successful, or unsuccessful penis enlargement surgery outcome after ED, or minor prostate surgery.
    nohard responded:
    Hi Just read up about TUMT as its called see link

    If they say now you going to need TURP run as that could well be the end of your sex life.

    If you get the choice go for TUNA, its kind of the same thing but it shrinks your prostate, I know a guy who had it, he raves about it, see links.

    Look as for the rest that would be up to you, but try posting this on www, and see what reaction you get there.

    Good Luck

    Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

    Helpful Tips

    Anal issue
    I've had this pain on the outer region of my anal, it have tried to ignore it but the pain has been persistent. I recently researched what ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.