Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/pain-management/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

migraine for 10 months & counting
    kripmeli posted:
    I have had migraines since I was 5yrs old, I am now 39 and I don't see any relief in sight. I have had a migraine with right sided weakness, aura, sensitive to light and smell, blurry and double vision, nausea, anxiety and neck/shoulder stiffness. I have a neurologist who specializes in migraine treatment, but even he thinks I need to travel to an inpatient clinic because he has tried everything possible with no relief. I have tried 20-30 different meds(even BOTOX), had multiple CAT/MRI scans, a lumbar puncture and bloodwork...all which show nothing abnormal. I started this ten month headache after a fender bender in February but they cleared my neck with CAT scan before releasing me from ER. I can't afford to go to another state for treatment, what should I do now? I have no idea what else to try or do...help me if you can, I am open to all suggestions at this point.

Take the Poll

how many medicines are you willing to take to get rid of a migraine
    • 1-5
    • 5-10
    • 10-15
    • 15-20
    • as many as needed
    vote
    View Poll Results

rosielou responded:
    Hi kripmeli,

I'm sorry your migraines are so awful, mine started at an early age also. Is there any way for your neuro to oversee an infusion treatment locally? I'm assuming that's what he's looking for in an inpatient clinic.

Another thought. Does your insurance cover travel to the out of state clinic? I'm thinking it's like if someone needs to go out of state for a transplant or other treatment. Your migraines are bad enough where you need that level of treatment now. The insurance should assist with finding great options. Okay, we both know they'll prob fight covering it, but if it's in your contract they have to cover it.

I hope others with experience in this will hop on and give their 2?. Another site with good info on infusions is migraine.com, this one isn't very active.

I hope you find relief from your pain and can enjoy life again. Rose

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
    Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    31 of 47 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center