Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/pain-management/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]ebmd.net

Hemiplegic Migraines
    omarahtopaz posted:
    I saw that someone posted 7 yrs ago the same question, and nobody had an answer. But I was wondering if there was some kind of support group for this strain of migraine. It is very difficult to live with, and cope.

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi omarahtopaz,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time coping with your condition. It is sometimes hard to receive a diagnosis and even harder when it is a diagnosis that is relatively uncommon. My heart goes out to you ((hugs))!

Information that you might find useful:

Here are links to support & resources --you are NOT alone.

Coping with Migraines

More information on hemiplegic migraines

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
    Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    31 of 47 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center