Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/pain-management/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

New here -- questions
    desand posted:
    Hello!

I have not been formally diagnosed with migraines, but my sister has. I do sometimes have headaches that I wonder whether they are migraines or not. I go to the doctor in July for my physical, so I will probably check with him. I am wondering, though, whether migraines sometimes come in "waves," for lack of a better word. For instance, I started out the year having about 1 headache a week for several weeks, then I went without them for several weeks. Now, every week of this month (June), I have averaged 1 headache a week with a couple of them lasting more than one day. They typically occur on the top of the left side of my head and sometimes move around during the headache. Sometimes I have headache on one side one day and the other side the next. I have had episodes of vomiting this month but without nausea. I have not noticed particular triggers or auras but I have noticed that sometimes my neck/back of my head gets tight beforehand. Sometimes it feels better to lie on the painful side, with a knuckle right in my temple, but at other times lying with the painful side up seems to help it go away. I am just wondering if anyone else has had any similar experience. I do have muscle relaxers that help sometimes, and at other times, nothing seems to help, or I don't know how a headache can resist all efforts to stop it and then just seemingly go away on its own.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
    Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    31 of 47 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center