Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/pain-management/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected].net

New to community
    greatmomx3 posted:
    Hi, I have been a migraine sufferer for 35 years now and have been put through numerous tests as well as medications and doctors. Right now I take 4 Fioricet with codeine daily and sometimes hydrocodone. When my migraine gets to be severe, I go in for IV therapy that consists of a unit of fluids (dehydration), Depakote, Decadron, Zofran, Toradol and Demerol. This "cocktail" seems to work for me. Most have been added in the last 10 years but I have been taking Fioricet with codeine for 35 years. My problem is that I have had a continuous migraine for 7 weeks now with no relief from any of my routine medications. Any suggestions of what else to try?
    Thanks in advance!!

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi greatmomx3,

My heart goes out to you. 35 years of chronic migraines is unimaginable. You must have such strength in order to cope with that. ((hugs))

Have you called your doctor to let them know that you've had a migraine for 7 weeks?

Here are links to information on WebMD that you might find helpful:

When to Call the Doctor About Your Migraines or Headaches

Support & Resources --Here WebMD provides information about experts, support groups, and advocacy agencies that will help on your path to migraine relief. You are not alone.

Treatment & Care (Migraines Health Center)

Tips to Manage Your Migraines
    Living & Coping with Migraines

Prevent Migraines and Headaches by Managing Stress

Relaxation Techniques for Migraines and Headaches

Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
    Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    31 of 47 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center