Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    My back pain
    freckles1963 posted:
    Hi there does anyone else have upper back pain from their MS? I have had MS for 5 years and never had this happen...
    jodi3868 responded:
    HI Freckles,

    Yes, I have had this problem on and off for a while. I get it right under my scapula...and always on the right side. Sometimes taking a muscle relaxer helps, but not very much. I lie on top of a tennis ball and it relieves the pain for a while anyway. I am sorry I don't have a cure for you, but, it should pass in a few days.

    Feel better!
    TotallyDisgusted1 responded:
    Yes, I have also had this problem and in the same place under the scapula on the right side and now on the left side with weakness in the whole upper back.

    When this is around I have my wife work that area, it hurts so bad some times the only thing I can compare it to is a really bad tooth ache and then it's gone for a while but always returns, weeks or months later.

    Try stretching that area as best as you can and take muuscle relaxers.

    Hope this helps you.

    Featuring Experts

    Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

    Helpful Tips

    Hi whitefrazier - I live in OH, it took me over 2 years and 3 tries. The last try I obtained an Attorney. My age was 40-42. There is a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.