Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/multiple-sclerosis/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Includes Expert Content
    Someone PLEASE help!!!!
    An_267316 posted:
    Hello, My name is Kimberlea. My question has to do with my diagnosis/or lack of kinda....I started having seizures in my mid twenties. The seizures were vary random and would happen like twice to three times a week for months then just quit. I would be seizure free for almost a year and a half and they started again. I went through countless doctors with no resolve. However, fortunately I found an AMAZING neurologist. He first diagnosed me with epilepsy. With a few more test revealed something else. MRI showed him I had two large white spots or matter in my brain. Remember this was almost 15 years ago too. Memory isn't as sharp as it used to be. Anywho, he said that it was very common with people who had MS. He ordered an EEG and that told him that I guess I had some kind of family hereditary pattern of some sort. Sorry, can't remember. I was initially under the impression he reluctant to diagnose me with the MS word because I was so young. I am not working right now and do not have money for an office visit. He stills calls my Rx in every month though. He knows I'm poor..lol Well, I have nine out of the ten symptoms. It does seem to be getting worse (not the epilepsy) the MS. My muscles are getting so tight in my legs and hip that it is very painful and difficult to walk. Please someone point me in the right direction of what to do next. I just don't have any idea on what to do. And if I do see him again I don't want to look ignorant and just straight up ask; Hey Dr. do I have MS or what, Ps: he's also kinda cute so you know....

Take the Poll

I am not really sure what I was diagnosed with. Epilepsy or MS? Have not seen my Dr. in abut 15 years and without insurance its very expensive office visit. He did tell me that I had two white spots on my brain after a MRI. EEG was abnormal too. However, he was not exactly clear.
    • Epilpsey or MS???? Help
    • White spots found during an MRI and unclear what my diagnoses is?
    vote
    View Poll Results

Stephanie Butler, RN responded:
    Hello Kimberlea,

It is extremely important for you to be well informed about what is going on with your own health. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking your doctor what you have been officially diagnosed with. As a healthcare provider I love to see my patients be actively involved in their care, and I do everything I can to encourage them to learn about their own health.

White spots on the brain can mean a wide variety of things, and sometimes they are just a sign of aging, so it's difficult for me to weigh in on what your diagnosis is. I would write down a list of questions, and go see your doctor

Stephanie

Featuring Experts

Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

Helpful Tips

SSDI
    Hi whitefrazier - I live in OH, it took me over 2 years and 3 tries. The last try I obtained an Attorney. My age was 40-42. There is a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.