Skip to content

    Announcements

    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/multiple-sclerosis/

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Positive Results from Stem Cell Trial Reported
    avatar
    Stephanie Butler, RN posted:
    The latest results of the HALT-MS stem cell trial have been reported. 24 people with MS participated in the trial. 1 participant unfortunately died of transplant complications. Of the remaining 23 participants at the 3 year mark 70% remained relapse free and were off of DMTs, while the remaining 30% experienced disease progression. Over the entire follow-up period so far (ranging from 4-13 years based on when the participants had their transplants) 40% had sustained improvement of their pre-existing disability.

    These results are very positive, but clearly point out that further work needs to be done in order to reduce the risk associated with the procedure, and how to tell who will and will not respond to treatment.
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful


    Featuring Experts

    Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

    Helpful Tips

    SSDI
    Hi whitefrazier - I live in OH, it took me over 2 years and 3 tries. The last try I obtained an Attorney. My age was 40-42. There is a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.