Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    my birth story
    deborahann139 posted:
    Zachary Brian Jennings was born on July 27 weighing 9lbs 2oz.

    So I was due on July 22, but he evidently wasn't ready to come out then. The day before I went into labor I had a doctor's appt. and was almost 3cm, 100% effaced. I woke up around 4 am on the 27th with a couple of contractions that were a bit stronger than what I'd been having; by 4:30 I was pretty convinced that was going to be the day so I got up and did some laundry and dishes and just getting things ready to go. Cx were coming every 10 min or so but weren't real strong or getting closer so we figured we had a while. Mid morning we went to a park where I walked a mile or so around the trail while my older boys played, but that didn't seem to help speed things up and it was HOT so we went back home. By around noon they had gotten closer, to around 5 min or so, but still weren't too intense and were sometimes still 8-10 min b/w some of them. But DH was starting to get concerned so we started getting things ready to go. We took the boys over to my parents' house and sat and chatted for a bit there. I had a couple of cx in a row that were a lot stronger so I finally told DH that maybe we should get going. We got to the hospital around 2 and while walking in I had a couple more strong ones that were only 3 min apart. They brought me into triage and hooked me up to monitors - cx were showing up every 4-6 min, and I'd have an occasional one that was really intense but most were still not too bad. After about half an hour a nurse finally comes in to check me. She took awhile and finally said, "wow, you're good, you're 9.5 cm." Said she would have come in to check me sooner but I was just so calm she figured I couldn't be too far along. Asked if I was wanting an epidural and when I said no said it was a good thing b/c there wasn't going to be time. They wheeled me over to L&D where nurses were frantically trying to get the room and such ready while my doctor jogged over from his office next to the hospital. He got there and broke my water. I had a couple of more cx that weren't really that bad, then when everything was ready they said let's push. So I did and DS came flying out in about 2 minutes, 1.5 pushes later. I did tear a little but not too bad. DS had some fluid in his lungs - he came out so fast it didn't have time to get smooshed out - so he was really raspy/snorty/sneezy for the first couple of days, but is doing fine now. I'm very sore from breastfeeding, but that is going well too for the most part.

    I'm really happy with my med-free delivery experience. Good luck to all you other mamas!
    mamabattleship responded:
    What an incredibly easy birth! Good for you and I hope you both continue doing well :)
    MRSKuhns responded:
    Thats encouraging to hear... is he your first baby?

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Kailah - Wife to amazing DH, Mother to 2.5yo DD, 16m DS, and #3 on the way! DD was an emergency c/s. DS was an amazing VBAC. Planning a HBAC with this...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.