Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Father and infant 2 month long separation ok?
    briof posted:
    First time im trying to ask in the WebMD. but looking for pschyological advice for my son.

    My wife is fed up with staying at home with our 9 month old son. She requires much assistance. (more than i think she does anyway, but i love her) so she wants to take him and live with her parents for April and May.
    I will stay here working.

    We also separated for 1 month back in November for me to work and them to be with her parents.

    Is this going to cause any sort of abandonment issues with the child?

    The mother will always be there with him as primary care giver... but its ok if the Father is absent for a month or two every now and then correct?

    Mylittlegift responded:
    Hard to say. My wife filed for a divorce. We have a 9 month old and are living separate.

    Aside from the developmental stage in your child's life (separation anxiety) I don't know if there is a legal issue pending with you and your wife.

    Father to father, I would move with them and find another job. You are not going to be able to get back lost time from your child. They are more important than any job.

    And yes, she as we all do, need help.

    Good luck

    Helpful Tips

    Nose Frida & Humidifier
    My doctor tol dme the congestion is normal. We put a humidifier in her room and used the Nose Frida (alternative to the bulb). This has ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.