Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/arthritis/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at Commu[email protected]

Having THR in January but also have RA
    Wolfsoul1957 posted:
    So I was wondering how many of you are dealing with more than one kind of Arthritis at a time. Is it common to have more than one. I was in pain for the last two years and they thought it was my RA and then I find out with xray it is extreme osteo in my hip and have to have a replacement asap .. was wondering if anyone else has run into this kind of situation.

davedsel2 responded:
    Hello.

As far as I know, I only have osteoarthritis throughout my body. My spine is severely affected, and I have had both hips replaced this year using the anterior approach. I am extremely thrilled with the results.

Please keep us updated. I will be praying.
    Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Wolfsoul1957 replied to davedsel2's response:
    Thanks Dave, I will they will be doing anterior approach with me also and I am hearing great things about it. Did you ever find out how long before you could ride your motorcycle? I am rider and this has kept me off for the last couple of years.

davedsel2 replied to Wolfsoul1957's response:
    While I posted in the discussion about riding a motorcycle after hip replacement, I actually will be asking my surgeon on 1/11/16 when I can ride a roller coaster again. I don't ride a motorcycle, but I really want to ride roller coasters again.
    Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

what should i do
    sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.