Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/arthritis/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Bursitis
    monarogirl posted:
    I wish for someone to help with this annoying on going pain . I had a l5 microdisectomy in July 2015 which helped for a while then my r/ hip started to get painful. Went to the doc they gave me prp & cortisone & I'm in my 4 th week & the pain is the same . I wish that someone could give me some idea of what to do . I watch these guys playing footy & they get injuries all the time & seem to be better in no time . I'm starting to wonder is it money or they really are using me to try different methods & hoping for the best . Some body please help I'm at the edge & im usually very active so it's getting to me ...

Take the Poll

Hip pain
    • Hip bursas
    • Microdesectomy
    vote
    View Poll Results

kenhen responded:
    I had microsurgery on my back in the 80's but recently (circa 2015) after several painful tests,I learned that the disc has deteriorated even more. Arthritis has apparently affected other parts of my body since I discovered that my right third thumb joint is actually rubbing bone-on-bone.

I, too, started with cortisone injections. When they failed A combination of Sodium Naproxin (Aleve) and Tramodol plus a thumb brace from Futuro (plus an ointment concoction containing menthol, camphor, methyl salicylate, and capsazium) has given some relief.

The medications and brace are a constant regimen but allows every-day actions. Basically, besides avoiding expensive surgery, I just "live with it."

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.