Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/arthritis/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Mild Osteoarthritis, depression, Tendinitis and pain
    spurple posted:
    Hello, I am new to this..

I have a mild osteoarthritis in right knee and tendinitis in left shoulder and sometimes right shoulder in 2015 until now. I take pills - Naproxen and Tylenol Arthritis to reduce pain and flare-up but not help at all. I received 3 shots of corticosteriods for right knee and both shoulders in April 2016. I was in pain-free for while but my left shoulder pain is back. I was upset, frustrated and cry because of painful!! I am having hard time to cope with arthritis and pain. I don'know what to do...Do you have any tips (such as how to cope, pain management or others)?

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi spurple,
    I'm so sorry to hear that you experiencing so much pain. Coping with the changes brought on by osteoarthritis can be extremely hard. I wish I could give you a hug through the screen.
    Click here to read more on the emotional toll that osteoarthritis can cause. Support groups and one-on-one therapy sessions can be pivotal in tackling the depression caused by osteoarthritis.
    Do you have anyone that you can talk to?
    We are here for you ((hugs)).

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.