Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Forteo Users
    pjalford posted:
    I'm a Forteo user - a new one. I'm wondering if anyone in this community has any experience with it. I've got it down really well about how to administer the injections so that's not a problem.

What I'm interested in knowing is:

1) What length of time you've been on Forteo - I know the limit is 24 months - and if you were put on something else first. If so - why were you changed to Forteo?

2) Fortunately I qualified for the Lilly Patient Assistance program and so I only pay a $50 monthly copay. What kind of copay are you having to pay?

3) Do you get your prescription at a local pharmacy or via a shipment from a specialty pharmacy? I'm in the latter category - right now it's shipped from a specialty pharmacy that's about a 3 hour drive from me but my agency is about to change 3rd party administrators and so I may have to change to another specialty pharmacy.

4) Have you had any issues with taking Forteo? So far I've not had any problems other than a bent needle after I had given myself the injection and removed it. I didn't notice until the next night that the needle had bent and hadn't come off when I put the cap back on to unscrew it. I was able to unscrew it and remove it safely.

I'm asking these questions just to get a feel for what other Forteo users are dealing with - I'm interested in knowing how it's working for other patients.

Thanks for your responses!

Helpful Tips

Stretching and Swimming
    low impact and have found to be the two best activities for overall fitness More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website