Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Looking for Doctor
    An_266799 posted:
    Are there any doctors who specialist in osteoporosis?
    bonebabe responded:
    Yes. They're usually rheumatologists and endocrinologists.

    To find one in your area, you can look at the ISCD website (that's the governing agency for osteoporosis)

    Click on "Certification" at the top of the page. Then click on "Certified Clinical Densitometrist." On the right margin, click on "Registry." You can enter your city and/or state to find certified specialists in your area.

    Helpful Tips

    Bisphosphonate use in premenopausal womenExpert
    The potential benefits and risks of bisphosphonate use may be quite different in premenopausal women compared to postmenopausal women. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 34 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website