Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/pain-management/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Opioid Chronic Pain Managment Reports Heavily Swayed
    Sirpdh posted:
    I have been scouring the web trying to find recent papers, reports, and statistics on the use, benefits,addiction, and overdoses associated with opioids used to treat chronic pain. However, I have been unable to find reports on the topic that are not biased. By biased, I am referring to medical papers that site like-minded individuals rather than raw data. The Pain Research forum contains many papers of this nature. I have also tried looking into the CDC, but the statistics that I was able to find, did not appear to separate recreational users from patients.

Are there any statistical unbiased reports readily available that only encompass reputable pain clinics' patients that have received opioids for chronic pain management?

An_246419 responded:
    Try looking in some of the Journals that deal with pain and pain management. Don't forget to look at European Journals and those from other English speaking countries like Australia, New Zealand and others. 19lin

blessedladyptl responded:
    You aren't going to find stats with specifics like the one you mentioned. The specifics are an important piece of the puzlie that i missing. For example, OD death don't have a breakdown of patients that were being prescribed pain meds for chronic pain and someone that got their driugs on the streets. You might find a rough precentage, But, you won't find the info the percentages came from or the specifics of those patients.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

neck/skull pain
    I have exactly the same pain problem from the sound of it. Does it feel like a hot slicing pain in the neck and an irritated nerve running ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.