Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/parenting/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Daughter wakes screaming at night
    braedynla posted:
    I have a 2 1/2 old daughter who in the last 4 weeks has been waking up more and more screaming in her sleep. It has become a nightly thing in the last 2 weeks. She wakes up about 1/2 - 1 hour after falling asleep screaming. I calm her down get her back to sleep and within the hour she is awake again. This happens 4-6 times a night. It has gotten so bad that in the last week I have just started bringing her to my bed when she wakes up the first time so that i can sleep. When I put her in bed with me she is restless but does not wake up screaming. I am not sure what is going on here but I am becoming desperate. I am hesitant to take her to the doctor as I am not sure it is a physical thing or not. She does not seem to be in any pain. Does anyone out there have any advise/recommendations? I am ready to pull my hair out. Thanks in advance!

Damiansmama responded:
    Hello, my son wakes up in the middle of th night and has the worst temper tantrums i have ever seen in my life, just for the hell of it! it takes hours of trying to figure out what it is he wants before he can go back to bed, and sometimes its nothing sometimes its a warm bath, others is warm milk with vanilla in it. Sometimes I have to just let him cry because of the fact that nothing I ask him to try and helpp, will work. Others its a bad dream and they just need cuddles maybe you could try those, and if you find one that works let me know !! lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a healthy daughter that was born 11/25/08. July 31, 2009 I lost my son at 25 weeks gestation due to a encephalocele which caused a large whole ...More

Helpful Tips

2 1/2 yr old Will Not Eat Regular Food
    My 2 1/2 yr old grandson will not eat regular food for lunch or diner. He only wants baby food. We have tried puree the food, putting it in ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.