Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/parenting/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

2 year old that goes several days without a bowelmovement
    Miffy56 posted:
    My granddaughter somehow is "holding" in her bowel movements.
    Her belly becomes swollen, and she has traumatic episodes of sweating, crying, getting on her tip toes to have a bowel movement.
    She goes many days without having one.
    The Pediatrician recommended Miralax. It isn't like the child is constipated, as when she does finally go the consistency is normal, the amount is not, it is very large.
    We have tried pear juice, fiber, and the Miralax with no improvement.
    Has anyone else out there had a similar experience with their toddler?
    Thank you kindly

mjapelingon responded:
    Oh my God, thats crazy. when my friend's baby had a symptoms like that, the MD just did trial and error with the MILK ok the baby and also baby needs to take lots and lots of PURE WATER.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello I have two toddlers and they are good boys my oldest one is Adrien he is 2 and a half and Angel 1 in a half however Angel only wants to sleep in...More

Helpful Tips

Potty Training Advice
    For those of you potty training, when you send your kids to school/daycare/or even in the car where you keep your change of clothes, make ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    34 of 45 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.