Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/parenting/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

rolling over in sleep
    An_263891 posted:
    My five month old baby is rolling over at night from his back to his tummy. he only does this in his crib not in his bassenette. not sure if i should roll him over in the middle of the night or if he wakes up and goes back to sleep afterwards. he has been going tummy to back for about six weeks now and about three weeks he has been going back to tummy, more so in the middle of night/morning. not sure if this normal or a concern. really afraid of SIDS. Please help

mommynwife2b responded:
    My 5 month old has been doing the same thing and it has been worrying me and my husband because we dont like her on her tummy/face so we take turns in the middle of the night to check on her because were first time parents and we get paranoid. I feel its fine and I think babys at this age have natural instincts to turn their face to the side and such to prevent suffocation but talk with your pediatrician to be sure. Best wishes! xoxo
    Mommy's Of April Babies

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am mom to Charlotte 3mo nicknamed Scooter and Orion 12yrs nicknamed Monkey. We live in Seattle and love the outdoors! My partner and I have been tog...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
    You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    38 of 58 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.