Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/parenting/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

My three year old son says his legs hurt
    mr_x_ posted:
    Maybe it's just growing pains but my three year old son has repeatedly complained of leg pain. He can't really get specific with me about the pain and it isn't every day but it's been enough to have me slightly concerned. He seems to be having pain in the thighs and it sounds like cramps but i don't know. Otherwise, normal, healthy, smart, happy little boy. thoughts?

concerned Michigan Daddy

crose1228 responded:
    My 3 year old daughter complains of the same thing, usually says it's her knees though. I've read lot's of other posts with parents dealing with similar stuff and it just sounds like growing pains. I wouldn't worry!

kweeniez responded:
    My son did same thing i use to have to rub his legs at night took while to actually know what it was but ending up being perthes disease. That being so it was so early in that we were able to just do physical therapy and it be managed.

nagasahithya responded:
    At three years age, they can not express exactly about the pain. I think it is good to consult a pediatrician regarding this problem.

NCSomewhere responded:
    My daughter is 3.5 and has been complaining about leg pains as well. I too attributed it to growing pains, but last Friday morning she woke up and we limping. Today is Monday and she's been limping ever since. We've had X-rays and nothing is broken, and the physical exam appeared fine, but the doctor agreed that she is clearly in pain to be limping so consistently at her age. We are scheduled to go back to the doctor this Friday for blood work and discuss additional imaging.

What ever happened to your son? Thanks to the parent who mentioned "perthes disease"...I'll be looking into that.

mr_x_ replied to NCSomewhere's response:
    He grew out of it. I believe looking back, it was a growth spurt/growing pains possibly. either way, he's a healthy, happy, smart, and hilarious 5 year old now.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been doing child care for almost 23 years. I love my job & am very knowledgeable about many aspects of childrearing, but sometimes, kids ...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
    I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.