Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Help W/ A Eating Disorder!
    An_260889 posted:
    My soon to be 4 year old has some kind of eating disorder!
    He used to be so chubby and now hes very thin.
    So thin that he now wears 12-24 month clothes.
    he never seems to have an appetite and just wants to drink juice all day. Doctors have said to not force him to eat but I disagree with that.
    He once weighed 52lbs. and now weighes 32lb. My 1 year old weighs nearly the same. Im lost and dont trust the doctors opinion. Help!
    MelissaVarner responded:
    I just came across your post this evening. My 3 year old is going through a similar situation right now. He weighed right around 50 lbs. a couple weeks ago, now he is about 41 lbs. He hasn't really ate anything in the past 3 or 4 days. All he would ask for multiple times a day are drinks. He would finish one drink then ask for another. Did you ever find out anything helpful with your son? I'm thinking about taking him to the DR tomorrow, but if this kind of thing is normal then I don't want to wast a trip.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Hi, I'm Sarah and currently we are living in Rhode Island. It's our first foray into New England and we've been here almost a year. I have...More

    Helpful Tips

    worried about my 3 year old !
    I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 7 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.