Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    worried about my 3 year old !
    An_222394 posted:
    I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get me wrong most of the time he is fine,smileing,laughing,he eats well,and plays well with others.I do know there is a medical history od bi-polor,and adhd on his father,s side of the family.I wonder if he needs to be tested?
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 7 found this helpful
    phoenix31674 responded:
    Because of the history, i say yes. any time of aberrant behavior should be brought to the attention of the child's pedi. Even if he doesn't have any of these problems, he may be mirroring behavior he sees at home. Kids this age love to mimic.
    Me (36), DH (36), DD (3), DS (10/4/2010) and one cat
    Kinders responded:
    I have the same problem with my 3 year that is turning 4 next weekend. I have an anger problem, bullying the other kids at the school and he has never done that before. At home he started to scream at me and fighting. What can I do to help him calm down?

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    My name is Tammy. I'm married with two kids PJ (5) and Kylee (3). I also have four stepkids and four stepgrandkids (3 boys & 1 girl). We also ...More

    Helpful Tips

    If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
    If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    20 of 24 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.