Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/parenting/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Offering Baby Sleep Advice
    sleepbabysleep posted:
    I see a lot desperate posts on here about sleep, so I thought I would reach out and offer my help. I am baby Sleep Consultant/Coach and Registered Nurse. I own a blog called Sleep Baby Sleep. I too had a HORRIBLE sleeper and to make a long story short, I now help other sleepless parents. Please visit my site, VioletSleepBabySleep.com I have tons of great information and articles about babies and sleep. Or just ask your questions on here. I would be more than happy to help. I still remember that feeling of exhaustion of being up all night with my baby. Being a parent is stressful enough, there's no reason you should be sleep deprived too. So let me know how I can help.

dianaj88 responded:
    Hi! I have a seven month old son who still wakes up at night to feed or to be rocked back to sleep. He wakes up every 3-4 hours at night. I put him to bed at 9pm after a sponge bath, a feed, a prayer and a story. Then he'd wake up at around 12 or 1am to feed and another at around 5 am. He wakes up for the day at around 8am. I know i'm not supposed to feed / rock him to sleep but that's the only way to get him back to sleep! otherwise, he'd cry his little lungs out and lose his voice. I tried that once! What else can I do to help him sleep through the night?

sleepbabysleep replied to dianaj88's response:
    I would recommend putting him down awake at bedtime, and after his middle of the night feeding. This will teach him to fall asleep on his own and without your help and hopefully eliminate the unnecessary wakings. This is a lot easier said than done because he will most likely fuss or cry when you lay him down so you will have to follow that up with some sleep training techniques. No, that doesn't mean you have to close the door and let him cry it out. There are plenty no tears methods. See if this article helps http://violet-sleepbabysleep.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-teach-your-baby-to-fall-asleep-independently.html

gina2017 responded:

Spotlight: Member Stories

Aria, my little mama was born on 9/3/09. Her father and I have been together over four years, and so far I truely believe we are doing a great job of...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
    Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    14 of 32 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.