Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    marijkl121205 posted:
    can anyone w an autisic child help me on this,my niece is 2yrs old she has a speech therapist but has had no progress but ive noticed other things she does that have me thinking if they could be signs of autism she swings back and forth making an mmmm sound,she plays w her toys upside down,she plays with the tires of her barbie car instead of rolling it she wants to turn over the bike to play w the tires instead of riding it when we play w blocks she grabs a certain one stares at the picture on it and wnt let go if theres a group of kids she wnt join the group shes stays away from them and if she has somebody over to play shes playing w the cabinets key hole while her playmate is trying to get her to play ball or anything else
    momuv4girls responded:
    I would highly suggest you and her mom taking your concerns to her pediatrician. He may refer your Niece to a developmental psychologist who specializes in diagnosing Autism in toddlers.

    Here are a few links to explore:

    Take care!!

    Helpful Tips

    Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
    I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    17 of 26 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

    Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.