Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/parenting/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Elevated ck-bb in 3 year old female with cyclic vomiting
    beckibehr88 posted:
    My daughter just turned 3 this month and has been diagnosed with cyclic vomiting syndrome, gastroparesis, and zinc deficiency. She had open heart surgery at 3 months old repairing a large vsd and smaller asd (she was full term at 39 weeks) her most recent echo showed mild regurge at the tricuspid and pulmonary valve and a murmur that was not present a month ago. Her ekg also showed some extra work pronounced on the right side. she has been in the hospital for a minimum of 3 days for dehydration due to vomiting once a month for the last 4 months and she is relatively non symptomatic in between episodes. Recently we have noticed her becoming tired after playing and normal ecercise that we had not previously appreciated. I recently took her to see and immunologist who check her ck amount lots of other values. Her total ck was WNL but her CK-MM was low at 80 and her CK-BB was elevated at 20. All her doctors are on vacation for the holidays. I received the lab results buy now have no one to interpret. I am a nervous mom and after reading about ck-bb elevation am scared. And of course I can't find a pediatric reference range to save my life. Please help.

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
    I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.