Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

    Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

    Teen Boys' Health
    Teen Girls' Health
    Teen Health Center
    16 year old daughter had girlfriend living with us.
    disrespectedparent posted:
    We allowed a friend of our daughters to stay with us, her mother asked if she could cause things are really bad at home. So we said she could stay. After 3 weeks of her being her I found out she is really my daughters romantic interest. I am so furious that my daughter disrespected our household rules to the extent of having her girlfriend sleeping in bed with her. With her 11 year old sisters room on one side our room on the other. I do not care boy or girl we have never allowed her to have boys in her room or spend the night. She confirm she knew she was wrong and we would be very mad when we found out this was her "girlfriend". After I found out I told the girl no more in my daughters room. (we have a guestroom). The next morning I walk in my daughters room and what do I see this girl laying in bed with my daughter. I feel so deliberately disrespected. I told the girl she could no longer stay here and have restricted them from communicating or seeing each other till we return from a 2 week trip. I am concerned that this relationship is unhealthy due circumstances behind it. I want to cut it off all together cause they both lied and disrespected my home. How do I handle this? what does this say to my 11 year old? its ok to lie and sneak disrespect the house rules with no consequences.
    sluggo45692 responded:
    So far it sounds like you did the right thing. True your daughter can't become pregnant, but she should not expose her exploits to her much younger sister.

    Love your daughters, but talk to your daughters. Separately and together. You'll need to accept your daughters sexual preferance, but she has to respect your boundries.

    Yes, your daughter and her friend has deliberately disrepected you. I would talk to the girl's parents and let them know what happened and how you feel. You need to let the girls and the parents know that the girls just spat in your face and it won't be tolerated. Just because your daughter has a female partner it's no different that if she had a male partner. Sex is Sex, whether heterosexual or homosexual and an 11 year old should be involved. PERIOD.

    I would also have her checked for STD's. Just to be on the safe side.

    Good Luck
    mariajohnson responded:
    Yes you did the right thing. You should talk to your daughter and parents of that girl and explain what happened. Don't let both girls meet.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Well I am a 34 year old mother of 3. A 15 year old, 14 year old, and a 10 year old. Will be divorced after 16 years of marriage to my high school swee...More

    Helpful Tips

    Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
    See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    18 of 32 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.