Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityMan[email protected]

    Vehicle for the Mobility Challenged
    luv2fishpublic posted:
    My husband has PD and was having a difficult time getting into and out of my Hyundai Elantra. Both because of the limited space between the front seats and the dash, and because of it being so close to the ground. His legs don't have the strength to stand up from a low position, making it difficult for him to get out of the car. We looked at a lot of small SUVs and chose a Buick Encore. It is small for an SUV, but we don't often have passengers in the backseat. The best thing about it is the doors are very wide, making it easy to get his legs in and out. The power seats will go way back and adjust up and down (driver and passenger side in the one we got) so he can set them where he needs them to make it easy to sit and get his legs in and to get his feet out and stand up. We have had it for several weeks now and are very happy with it. I tried to research vehicles recommended for the mobility challenged and did not find much information, so that's why I wanted to share this tip.
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful
    atti_editor responded:
    Thank you for sharing!

    Helpful Tips

    doctor/patient experience with rytary
    Hi- I am a cc physician who was diagnosed 6 years ago at age 41--I have not had tremor or dyskinesia but certainly have significant off ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center