Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

New to this community
    maragayle posted:
    Hi all,
    After four and a half years of battling infertility, one miscarriage, lots of tears and heartache, we finally were blessed with a BFP in January. We were on our very last cycle of letrozole with timed intercourse before having to move on to IUI. Some very anxious and nail biting weeks followed our good news. When you've tried for so long and have already experienced loss, you can't help but think of all of the worst case scenarios.

Today, I'm ten and a half weeks along and starting to feel more peaceful about the pregnancy as the start of the second trimester quickly approaches. We have an adopted son, four years old, who had been asking almost daily for two years for a sibling. We're waiting until the second trimester to fill him in, just in case. This will be the first biological child for both of us.

I'm excited to speak with you all. Only someone who has been through this journey can truly appreciate the anxiety that comes with your wish finally coming true.

mommab89 responded:
    Congrats to you!! I have been battling Infertility for 1.5 years now. This month was my first cycle doing an IUI and currently I am in my TWW very aniously waiting to test.

maragayle responded:
    Best of luck to you. The 2WW can be torture. I was very happy not to have to move on to IUI or IVF. My husband would have done it, but he felt conflicted and didn't want to do anything that wasn't "natural." I tried explaining that medicating myself in order to ovulate isn't natural either. Fortunately, our BFP came at the last moment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been TTC since 05. I have had some health issues, since my accident. In September '05, I donated blood. After the donation, ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
    It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 27 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.