Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    PLEASE NOTE: If you are not yet pregnant click here to check out one of our other pregnancy communities.
    Paternity Questioning?
    An_266892 posted:
    I have been struggling with the thought of possibly having an paternity issue on my hands. I just want advice on wether I should be worried or let this thought go. Here's my story. I had unprotected sexual contact with an ex on April 18th. He did not ejaculate. Then, I got into a new relationship and began having sex with my boyfriend in May and had unprotected sex where he ejaculated on May 15th and 21st. I found out I was pregnant on June 12th. I scheduled a dating ultrasound and on June 23rd I was told I was 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I am a little confused on how conception works but who's baby would it be based on my sexual encounters.?
    tlkittycat1968 responded:
    Did you have a period after having sex with your ex? If so, the baby is your current bf's.

    Also, they date the pregnancy based on your last period which is usually two weeks prior to ovulation. So if the doctor said you're six weeks along, your actually only four weeks. It's easier to date pregnancies based on periods as most women know when their last period was.

    Helpful Tips

    Easing Early Pregnancy NauseaExpert
    For many women, eating a small snack every hour or two will keep nausea to a minimum. Almost any food will do, but nuts are a great choice, ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    41 of 56 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.