Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Weird stuffy nose and 4 weeks preggo
    JackieM814 posted:
    Hi ladies! My husband and I just found out we are pregnant with our 4th child! I am going to be 4 weeks tomorrow, but have noticed that I have had a stuffy/runny nose on one side of my nose along with a mild headache for about 5 days now. I don't feel sick, just stuffy. Weird. Has anyone else felt this way in the first trimester? Or maybe I am over-looking this and really have a small sinus thing going on? Don't get me wrong, I have had many other symptoms with this pregnancy that are "normal," like bloating, gas, backache, headache, strong sense of smell, crying at the stupidest things, etc. Oh, and the cravings have already started!

Snowpenguin29 responded:
    I experienced that too. I didnt think about it until I found out i was pregnant it just thought I was having sinus problems.

hantersue responded:
    I had the same problem - it started just before I got my BFP and lasted for about a week after... At first I thought I was getting sick - especially since the weekend before I just felt like complete crap and then when I got my BFP all of it finally made sense. I don't remember where I read it or what it said exactly, but a stuffy/runny nose can be something that comes along with pg...
    Me(27) DH(31) EDD 10-18-2011 I'll be a first time Mommy and a first time Auntie all in one month!

hantersue responded:
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_stuffy-nose-during-pregnancy_1076.bc

this talks about it a bit - as long as you don't have other symptoms related to something sinus/cold related - it's more than likely because of the pg...
    Me(27) DH(31) EDD 10-18-2011 I'll be a first time Mommy and a first time Auntie all in one month!

QTpie2009 responded:
    I had the same issues with stuffy nose my first trimester only mine also gave me terrible migraines. With all your changing hormones it is normal for your sinuses to swell and get irritated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm 28 and pregnant with our first child. I am really worried about my pregnancy since I misscarried just over three month ago.

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
    Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    58 of 80 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.