Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Gas-x
    bbcntpa posted:
    Does anyone know if it's ok to take Gas-X or anything like that while preggers? My 1st doc appt isn't for a while and I was hoping someone could tell me before then. (TMI) I don't remember this being such a problem in my 1st pregnancy, but this time around I seem to have a lot of buildup in my tummy that's causing discomfort and sometimes pain.
    Me (34), DH (38), DS(3), EDD 5/3/12

hgreenwood7058 responded:
    http://www.webmd.com/baby/taking-medicine-during-pregnancy

Upove is a link :This is the list of things you can take while pregnant based on webmd. Below is a list that our medical center gives out to pregnant women.

Health Care for Women
    NON-PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION USAGE
    THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF MEDICATIONS OFTEN QUESTIONED FOR USE DURING PREGNANCY. DRUGS ACCEPTABLE FOR USE DURING ANY TRIMESTER OF PREGNANCY INCLUDE:
    "022 Non Aspirin pain relievers (Tylenol, Acetaminophen)
    "022 Robitussin DM
    "022 Tums
    "022 Sudafed — Regular Strength
    "022 Afrin Nasal Spray — short term only
    "022 Throat lozenges
    "022 Colace
    "022 Metamucil
    "022 Kaopectate
    "022 Chloraseptic throat spray
    "022 Benadryl
    "022 Cortisone Creams
    "022 Unisom (for nausea)
    "022 Sea Bands
    "022 Emetrol
    THE FOLLOWING MEDICATIONS ARE APPROPRIATE FOR USE AFTER THE FIRST TRIMESTER:
    "022 Monistat
    "022 Femstat
    "022 Gynelotrimin
    "022 Vagistat
    THE FOLLOWING ARE UNACCEPTABLE PRACTICES DURING PREGNANCY:
    "022 Use of hot tubs or saunas
    "022 Taking Correctol, Pepto Bismol, or Aspirin products (Ibuprofen, Advil or Nuprin)
    "022 Smoking or chewing tobacco
    "022 Drinking Alcohol
    "022 Recreational drugs
    CHECK WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE:
    "022 Flu shots
    "022 Hepatitis vaccine
    "022 Rhogam
    "022 Kenalog injection
    Form 15372
    Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD based on U/S 4/21/12-Green team. Hope this LO will stick

bbcntpa replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
    Thank you for the list! Looks like I'll have to wait another week or so to ask my doctor, unless someone knows specifically about Gas-X??

Side note: I'm a little surprised to see "flu shots" under the "check with your physician before" use list. I always thought that pregnant women were strongly encouraged to get the flu shot. Guess that's another thing I'll ask my doc about.

bbcntpa replied to bbcntpa's response:
    According to this website, Gas-X should be ok, but it might be best to wait until the 2nd tri to take ANY OTC meds.
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_chart-over-the-counter-medications-during-pregnancy_1486462.bc

hgreenwood7058 replied to bbcntpa's response:
    The one I read about gas-x and anything antidiarrheal it is recommended to wait till the 2nd trimester. But when you go to the doctor maybe they can recommend something safer. The reasoning for the flu shot is because some people have allergies to eggs which is contraindicated for taking the flu shot. The other reasoning is some providers just don't like poking pregnant people lol. They do generally recommend pregnant women to get the flu shot because when pregnant people get the flu or H1N1 it can be very problematic sometimes. They will not give the flu mist at all because the mist is a live virus where as the shot is not a live vaccine. Best wishes.
    Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD based on U/S 4/21/12-Green team. Hope this LO will stick

Spotlight: Member Stories

This is our first baby, due 6/11/11!

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
    Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    58 of 80 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.