Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Implantation Bleeding???
    esparza13 posted:
    Good Morning Ladies!

Okay so I am in NEED OF HELP!
    So me and my boyfriend had sex on Feb 21'st and I was supposed to get my period on the 1st of March. I missed my period and a week and a few days later I started bleeding on the 9th of March. This has been nothing like my usual period. When I went to the restroom it was a gush of dark almost brown blood and then after that I kept on bleeding but still not the normal amount. I had cramps but not really bad. Then the next day it got lighter and on my tampon it was brown brown blood with a bit of dark blood and way less . Then as the day three got here I stopped then started again still light. Day four was just brown spotting that just left the top of my tampon dirty (tmi) sorry. I also woke up like if I had a hangover and I felt like throwing up ...Kindof like if youd gotten wasted the night before.
    Then I stopped completely on day 5 and felt sick.Today is day 6 and I went to the restroom this morning an hour ago and a small gush of darker than my normal period came and light cramps along with it.
    My nipples are darker (the areola) but they dont hurt. Oh and I tested a week after having sex and a BFN then I tested exactly on the 2nd week mark still a negative but then this bleeding happened 3 days later. This is now three weeks since we had sex.

Me and my boyfriend are trying to conceive before he deploys to Afghanistan in June...
    Is it possible I am ?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
    Implantation bleeding isn't common and when it does happen, it's spotting for a few hours, not bleeding for a few days.

I'd say you just had an off period.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
    Implantation bleeding isn't common and when it does happen, it's usually spotting for a few hours, not bleeding for a few days.

esparza13 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
    Oh , okay . I just wasn't sure since I did some research and there have been cases of woman bleeding for the length period of a "normal" period. Also I read that implantation can last up fro a few hours up to 4 days. Which is why I was kind of skeptic..

hhelfrich924 responded:
    There are many discussions I have read that state how bleeding has occurred and heavy for some as well. I am trying to figure that out myself. I have the same thing going on now. I skipped my period in February. March 1st got my normal pd. Then March 27th I started spotting daily until March 30th first 24 hrs was heavy then medium and then light. I thought it went away and each day once a day until April 2 I experienced brown discharge. I took a test April 4th, but negative so I will have to wait and see what happens. Just take it easy until you experience a regular cycle.Good luck and God bless you and your b/f. I hope your prayers are answered as do mine.

Spotlight: Member Stories

So it begins... My husband and I just moved to a new city, away from friends and family. Which has been a great new adventure and we are really happy....More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
    Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    58 of 80 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.