Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

PUPPs?
    Cathie01 posted:
    I'm not having much luck getting my question answered anywhere else so I'll bring it here. Does anyone know if PUPPs rash can start early in the first tri? I know normally it's last tri.

sj2777 responded:
    Hi Cathie!

Here's what I found: (by the way, I love that you named a daughter Claudia! That is such a beautiful yet underused name.)

"Women are most likely to experience PUPPP during the third trimester, although it also can occur earlier, or even after childbirth." yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/skin-rash-pregnancy.html?pageNum=2

And here is a link to some pictures if you're trying to figure out if you have it: dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/result.cfm?Diagnosis=-2085301237

Here is another link to a list of other common pregnancy rashes: www.parentingweekly.com/pregnancy/pregnancy_information/PUPPP_pregnancy_rashes.htm

Jess40005 responded:
    it can but it is very very rare for it to. I had a rash that wasn't PUPPS or any of the other ones when I was pregnant with DS. (I was fine and so was DS)The drs nor the midwife knew what it was. The only thing I found to help was putting regular A&D ointment on it. It went away right after I had DS. they were very confused lol so good luck and try some A&D ointment if you can't find out what it is. But always with a rash call your dr it could be something bad for you and the baby like your liver(which goes back to normal after delivery)

Cathie01 responded:
    Well technically I'm not sure if I'm pregnant or not...and I'm refusing to take a test until after the 8th (which will be the first day of my period). My prior period was really messed up. 3 days essentially, heavy on day 1, spotting the rest of the time. I'm nearly 99% of the time, heavy for 2-3 days, and go for 5 days with lightening flow at the end, and a day of spotting after. But I've had this weird rash on my abdomen, the bikini line along the legs, and my left hip...and the doc I went to said eczema. It's not responding to steroids at all. I've had eczema since I was born...so having it not respond to something isn't normal. I saw a picture of urticaria plaques, looked at more and it's what at least the one on my hip looks like...and then in searching realized the UP in PUPPs is Urticaria Plaques.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been living with my boyfriend for a year now. My boyfriend was told at an early stage that he would not be able to have any children. We never ...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
    Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    58 of 80 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.