Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
    does endometriosis affect pregnancy
    calihippiechick posted:
    well im 19 weeks now and i just found out that my mother and grandma both have endometriosis. ive always had problems with cysts and just with my women stuff period but i dont know anything about this. does anyone know if having endometriosis can affect your pregnancy? i will ask my doctor at my next appointment but thats not for a couple weeks so anything will help if you know. Thanks

asheets304 responded:
    I have endometriosis and adinomiosis. My mom has adino and my gma has endo. I have also had cysts and they suck. I just had the surgery (laperoscopy and hysteroscopy) in November. They told me it would be very difficult for me to get pregnant...until I went in for a check up in March and found out I was PREGGERS. I questioned her about the "supposed" difficulty of getting pregnant and my DR.'s reply was "It is very easy after the surgery" WELL THANKS FOR TELLING ME THAT!!?! HAHA I don't care cuz I'm actually very happy. I had one m/s and thought there was no hope just because I am a very pessimistic person. I am high risk though. I have a low placenta and pelvic something or other which causes some insane pains down in that area. I also have spotting here and there. Everytime I get checked, though, they say LO is fine. Pre-preggo I was a very heavy bleeder and clotter so I don't know if there was still some lining or something?!! I'm curious now and might have to ask my DR when I go in on 7/23. I haven't had any problems other than those and I don't know if the endo causes it. To ease your mind, give your doctor a call. Don't wait if you're paranoid. I think I might actually call tomorrow haha! SOrry I wasn't much help sweetie.

stinaalicia1 responded:
    I have endometriosis and was told also it would be hard to conceive. I had lap surgery (which is the only way to confirm you have it) and had all my endo removed from around my uterus and then I got pregnant 2 months later.

The only "issue" I've heard of is having more severe round ligament pain (RLPs) during pregnant which I've had since 9 weeks. Other than that endometriosis doesn't affect pregnancy.

perkygirl88 responded:
    I have had endo since I was 18. It doesn't affect your pregnancy but it can make it harder to get pregnant. I had to have surgery then go through 6 months of Zoladex injections just to have a chance of getting pregnant. My doctor said since you are not bleeding during pregnancy then the endo is not growing.

I actually have a friend who had endo really bad and after her 2nd pregnancy hers never came back. If only I can get that lucky!!

calihippiechick responded:
    Thanks ladies that helped ill be sure to talk to my doctor about it at my next appointment.

Oreoluwa79 replied to stinaalicia1's response:
    Hi, I know this is an old post but I wanted to find out how your pregnancy went. I have severe endometriosis and adenomyosis, I was told without IVF I would never get pregnant, 2 rounds of IVF and I lost the pregnancy at 8 weeks, I have had 7 surgeries and got pregnant last year and was in office pains from 8 weeks, my tummy was get distended from pains and it was horrible trying to pee, my water broke at 20 weeks and I lost the baby at 22 weeks due to infection, I am 36 and wondering if I still have any hope but the traumatic pains when I was pregnant from 8 weeks is extremely scary

Oreoluwa79 replied to perkygirl88's response:
    Hi, I know this is an old post but I wanted to find out how your pregnancy went. I have severe endometriosis and adenomyosis, I was told without IVF I would never get pregnant, 2 rounds of IVF and I lost the pregnancy at 8 weeks, I have had 7 surgeries and got pregnant last year and was in office pains from 8 weeks, my tummy was get distended from pains and it was horrible trying to pee, my water broke at 20 weeks and I lost the baby at 22 weeks due to infection, I am 36 and wondering if I still have any hope but the traumatic pains when I was pregnant from 8 weeks is extremely scary

Oreoluwa79 replied to asheets304's response:

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am 32 yr old Single Mom. My DD will be 7 in August and is the light of my world. we recently moved in with my mom and baby sister who is 15 yr ol...More

Helpful Tips

Round Ligament Pain
    Around 11 weeks or so I noticed very weird pains on my sides. It happened when I moved abruptly or stretched a few times a week. I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    27 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.