Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1.Head over to this page:

    2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3.Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    prostate level of 65? no cancer?
    An_245012 posted:
    I am wondering if anyone can explain how my father can have a psa level of 65, 13 biopsy all came back benign. every time he goes for the psa test it just keeps getting higher and higher his last known level was at a 65,and the doctor is scratching his head and cant figure it out.My father does have diabetes and is a tall man,maybe that can help in figuring out what is wrong.
    7chris responded:
    High psa levels can also be produced by an enlarged prostate. If your father is tall and over sixty, his prostate may be larger than average and this can interfere with the flow of urine, but PSA levels are poorly understood. Knowing how slowly most prostate cancers develop, I would recommend watch and wait. If there is not sign of cancer, I'd stop worrying. I'm afraid I can't answer the diabetes connection, except that diabetes is known for organ degeneration
    Fairwind responded:
    It took 3 biopsies before they found mine...If necessary, a saturation biopsy can be performed to find hidden cancers..Has he been put on antibiotics to rule out infection?

    Helpful Tips

    Have you tried better toilet posture?
    There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting the anorectal angle and making elimination easier ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center