Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
    Nervous about a follow-up appointment - need advice
    psych2323 posted:
    Hello,

I am not sure whether I am posting in the right discussion place, but recently visited a doctor for a check-up. I get a voicemail to schedule a follow-up about my blood work. The woman didn't give any details on whether anything is wrong. I call immediately after and get a rep who tells me that the office is closed. I got nervous and wanted an on-call doctor to contact me about my results. He said an on-call doctor would page me but haven't heard anything.

I've been stressing throughout the day about what could be wrong. I don't know if it's something serious, or they just want more of my money. I'm really nervous if I have HIV or Diabetes or something bad.

dfromspencer responded:
    Hi, not sure what it is you want advice about? First thing you need to do is chill. A follow up for blood work could mean they need more blood from you is all. Run more tests for specific maladies and such, ya know?

Don't try to read anything into what has been said, or done so far. It seems way to early to get scared about, or over something that has not happened yet, right? Stay calm, no matter the outcome, you can deal with the answer! Your friends and family are there for you, also.

So, now that we got that out of the way, tell us a little about yourself. We have no idea as to what to really tell you without some important information; like how old are you, male or female, things like that? You know what I mean.

Well, looking forward to hearing back from you!

Dennis
    LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

rohvannyn responded:
    I agree with Dennis. Also, sometimes doctors will want to discuss your bloodwork results with you just so you understand what the numbers mean. Like, what if your cholesterol is a little high, and they don't want to put you on meds yet, but they do want you to make some simple lifestyle changes. Since it could be anything, good or bad, just try to put off worrying about it. Don't stop, just put it off.

rohvannyn replied to dfromspencer's response:
    I agree with Dennis. Also, sometimes doctors will want to discuss your bloodwork results with you just so you understand what the numbers mean. Like, what if your cholesterol is a little high, and they don't want to put you on meds yet, but they do want you to make some simple lifestyle changes. Since it could be anything, good or bad, just try to put off worrying about it. Don't stop, just put it off.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.