Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
    Includes Expert Content
    Self bulling revisted whats the. Point? Part2
    chips22 posted:
    I read your articles. I always do,they. Help, just for the record I still. Have the same therapist. I have been really lucky. But the truth be told nothing has gotten better. No. Matter how much I learn.as Dennis knows my son was in. And out of the of the hospital twice in a matter of five weeks, on one Sunday. That. I was home i spotted a picture. Of his father and one of his other son posted on his girlfriends. Facebook page ,, it seems that he and the other two went to a water park. That Saturday and a concert at a park. That sunday. And how they were having a great time . I told him that he need to come to the hospital. And as usual there were the same excuses , when I saw the. Pictures I flipped. Here I am going to the hospital sixdays a week. And he. Off to water parks and festivals. I blasted him, three days later he called to ask me. How I. Was feeling I started. To answer him, it was in away that. He. Didn't want to hear. He out talked me, he does that when he thinks he knows it all, why do you ask me. What I feel if you don't want to hear it, I can't finish this . its just for the best that I don't. Thank you for your time

dfromspencer responded:
    Hi Deb,

I hear what you are saying. Kids can be cruel without even knowing it. His dad probably convinced him to do these things, as he had him for the weekend. Wait, no, he called three days later? I thought he stayed with you? My bad, but still, he carries on like that while you are the one that really cares for his health? His father, and your son should be sorry! You get to do all the dirty work while daddy gets to play?

Okay, so tell his daddy he gets to take him to the hospital six days a week, see how he likes those apples? It would only be right, and fair!

I'm sorry they treat you like that, you don't deserve to be treated so shabbily! Daddy is making you do all the dirty work, while he gets to be fun daddy. So not fair!

Deb, if you want to talk, you know where I am.
    LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dfromspencer's response:
    You have a lot of difficult things going on. It's important to understand that the best your therapist and others (including this community) can do is help you to feel emotionally stronger and supported and better able to face difficult circumstances (and continue to do so). You say "nothing has gotten better" and maybe that's true -- I don't know -- but you might do well to ask yourself if the support from others has helped you bear the burden better. When people struggle, it's important to understand that what seems like not making strides is often really evidence of them doing a lot to appear to stay in the same place, to not get swept away. I wonder whether your supports (e.g. your therapist, this community, the love for your son) are helping more than you realize.

In terms of feeling stronger, it is important for people - you included- to ask themselves what they can do to feel stronger and do better. There are many, many answers to this. For instance, sometimes this means just taking in support. Sometimes it means practicing to search out positive experiences and relationships more. Sometimes it means not knowing, or asking the help of a therapist to figure it out.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
    About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 22 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.