Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
    PTSD
    kadenjase9 posted:
    I recently came back from a long term Drug Rehab. that took me and my husband. We were both on various medications and needed this program. It changed both of us. We are now home and are continuing with the process with AA/NA meetings, and weekly meetings with our therapists. We both had different reasons for becoming addicted to medication, mine being traced back to a traumatic upbringing with an abusive father, drug addicted mother, sexual abuse, and mental abuse from both sides. Mother had a series of partners as did my father. I raised myself and my mother. I could never rely on my father or mother for anything, and the way he apologized was to buy nice things for me. No one knew I lived this kind of life. I had a brother and sister who were also tramatized, but not to the extent that I was. This being said, I have not truly faced my past, and have trust issues. I make up scenerios, and convince myself that everyone is against me. My husband who is truly loyal, and has had a healthy family life, has stood by me and my mania. My sister in law wants to help me and really loves me. I have no one else. My parents encourage divorce, while my husband's family encourages love patience and togetherness, something I have never known. I am 29 and I know that this all sounds strange. I cannot be on medications that are addictive so I have to deal with the stress and mental anguish that I create in my mind. I spent about a month and a half in a rehab center with doctors and therapists. None of this has fixed my mental stability. I am about to drive away the best husband and in laws any one could ask for because of my constant insanity and inability to control it. Do you have any advice?

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.