Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/arthritis/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Fighting with RA
    MaddiesMommy0117 posted:
    About 6 months after my daughter was born three years ago, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and post-partum depression. I was put on Cymbalta, which actually did help tremendously with the pain and pretty much eliminated the depression. When it stopped helping the pain, a blood test for inflammation markers had me going to see a rheumatologist. So, about a year ago, I was diagnosed with RA as well. I am 43. My treatment started with Methotrexate only. When that had no effect, we added Humira. Gave that six months to do its thing, to no avail. Switched to Enbrel (with 20mg methotrexate) in December. Another appointment in March. So far no luck with Enbrel, but the biologics can take so long to work...it's a hard road.
    I've read some of the conversations here, and it scares me somewhat. I mean, here I am after only one year, when there are folks out there dealing with it with little to no relief for years and years on end. I am blessed with a rheumatologist who does believe in aggressive treatment, particularly with early onset like mine; my body is just not cooperating. I am blessed with insurance (of course I pay through the nose for it) that pays for the medicines. I remind myself of those two things on a daily basis, because most of the time, I just feel like a burden. Can't keep the house up, can't run around and play with my daughter, can't cook dinner every night like before...can't be myself.

ayurvedacare responded:
    The best treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis is through Ayurveda Treatment. Ayurveda is the best healthcare treatment without any side effects. Read How to overc ome from rheumatoid arthritis through ayurveda

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
    Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    41 of 48 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.